Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Germs have finally invaded the Falk household. Natalie has a fever, nothing terrible, but it certainly doesn't bode well. Ever the worrier about the kids getting sick, I'm taking it in stride, especially when Natalie wants to "snuggle and cuddle" placing her warm little cheek against mine. Absolutely adorable...I hope I still think so when my own fever starts cooking. :)

Thanksgiving this year was a quiet affair, but enjoyable, too. We had a lovely dinner with mom and dad at their place, during which mom and dad announced they feel it's my turn for next year. Not a problem, but since it is also our turn to host the Falk family for Christmas next year, I anticipate this will be an expensive and intense proposition. Still, I love the holidays and being able to welcome everyone into our home is a joy. I'm already looking ahead and making plans...a little obsessive, I must admit.

Tonight we'll deck our halls with boughs of fake fir trees as we set up our Christmas tree and watch Bill Murray in Scooged. The kiddos have been making paper chains to hang around the house, and the front entrance of our house is aglow with multicolored lights. I'm already feeling that twinkle of magic that comes with the holiday season, and I'm looking forward to rest of the joyous events the season will bring.

I have to say, though, that as always, I'm grateful this year for the many blessings in my life. Family, friends, career, a warm home, enough food for us all, and vehicles that function most of the time remind me that I have more blessings than I can count. Now that is a beautiful thought to fall asleep to each night.

I pray for the same blessings for all of you, friends. Be well.
Peace.

No comments: