Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day

I want to invent some sort of super-mom tool that keeps my kids from recreating the same messes day in and day out. I'm depressed that I find myself on the last day of summer vacation, cleaning my house. Again. I know I'm not alone in this, but I'd like to be doing something more fun with the family.

The summer was a good one for the Falk family, though bursting with business. Chris took vacation so I could take a trip to Vegas (I'll post photos soon) with my Mom and sisters-in-law to celebrate my Mom's 60th. We then went up North and visited Chris's family which was a good time also. His family saved fireworks from the 4th since we couldn't make it, and we still had a good show with smores on the side. Can't beat that!

I took a full load of grad classes this summer toward my degree, and thank goodness I have a great husband because he has been incredibly supportive and helpful. The kids took swimming lessons and played every day with friends in the neighborhood.

Jarod and Maria taught themselves to ride two wheeler bikes, and Maria lost her first two teeth. Natalie made nice gains this summer as well, learning more about compliance and boundaries, which wa so helpful. She also spent most of her summer in a swimsuit since she prefers to be naked--at least we could get her to keep her "wimsuit" on most of the time!

A few bonfires with friends and visits with family made it a great summer. I wish I could see you all more often. We miss you!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wendy- you convinced me I should jump on the band wagon along with you and my friend Angie who also has a blog here at this same site to start one to keep everyone updated on our goings ons as well. I've been meaning to start one too for a long while now. Hope we have fun reading each others and seeing pics of the kids often!